Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beginning of the End

Well, I've started thinking about actually taking what I have with the game and only adding a little bit more (such as a final boss) that will allow me to actually begin focusing on finishing the game, rather than continuing to work without a deadline. I so far have 4 bosses, consisting of the Darkforms, Mystics, Spawn, and Norr which will be the four basic bosses of the game. I will add many more levels between them to try and extend the game, and add more attacks that will be added when you defeat them. So far, I have nearly finished programming the move gained from Spawn, and I have completed Norr's ability. The Mystics' gravity move will be added later on, and I don't think it will be hard to program. The Darkform's ability will be a bit tougher, and I will probably make it a grab move similar to the Mystic's arm that will sprout from Rage and grab a nearby enemy (except I will try to make it a dynamic arm that can reach any direction and looks cool).

After I have this all programmed, I will begin programming a final boss (Purity, who will transform into Death) and her bodyguard, who you will fight just beforehand (Vorc, who will be the previous "God Mode"). I will eliminate the Subconscious, as there will be no use for him, except maybe for adding small help comments and then having him disappear, which many of you may like.

To set a deadline, I'm going to say that Blast should be done by July 31, 2009. I will probably release 2-3 more updates in that time, and maybe add bug-fixes after that date, but look for a new blog post then with the final version!

1 comment: