Wednesday, June 3, 2009

v1.5

Effects getting too much for your computer?  With this update, you can make this run as fast as possible by pressing 'E' in-game, which will disable your effects.  This will restart the level! Also, I've begun some work on ice levels, with a basic one currently available.  I have made one new enemy for this region, which is similar to the Flame Fly enemy, but in a nice ice guise.  It will do what any basic enemy does, which is chase you down and hit you with its gigantic arm!  I'm currently taking my finals for the school year, so progress will be slow for about the next week, but after that I should be busting out maybe 2-3 updates a week, so look forward to some fun stuff and start giving me some ideas!  There's a comments section down there for a reason!
Photobucket
This is the newly created ice section of the game.  Seeing the particles together with this landscape makes me belive that I might start up a new particle stream of snow...
Also, I did a little work making a new distortion effect for when you are controlling an enemy.  This looks fairly nice in my opinion, and I hope you like it too:
Photobucket
As a whole, the game should run faster, as I spent some time updating the particle system.  Sadly, I had to eliminate the particle attractors (were not working for a mysterious reason...) but I really want to get them back in another way at some point.  All in all, I hope you enjoy the update, and please tell me what you think and what you want added!

Downloads:

No comments:

Post a Comment