Saturday, May 9, 2009

v0.9

I have worked throughout today as much as I could to try and make a good update.  I did a little bit of editing to the movement of the character and enemies to make things a bit easier, adding more friction to the player, which should make him slow faster, and also the enemies move significantly slower.  Also, I believe I have (again) fixed the glitch where the player/enemies will stick to walls.  On the previous post, I believed the same thing, but now I really think I've fixed it (after a report from a player saying that I failed last time).

Now to completely new changes!  I've created a new boss/enemy which is able to grab you (ouch!) and also to drop a bomb that will hurt you if you get too close.  These are spawned by spawners (creative name, I know) that are destroyed by bombing them with launchers beneath them.  You will need to destroy all of these spawners to beat the level, and I'm interested in which of you can ;)  Also, there's a new graphical spike background for the level, which was new as well.  Here's a screenshot of the new level:

Photobucket

Downloads:

I hope you enjoy, and please vote on the new name for the game!

Here's a recent review that I used to help make this update:

Graphics: I liked the graphics a lot because the marks on the walls were really good, and I liked how the enemies died. 10/10

Gameplay: way way too hard, when an enemy gets too close, he glitches onto you and kills you.  I would also like it if the moving was more sensitive because it was hard to move through the winding levels. The enemies should also move slower, it almost feels like you have to panic or else they’ll kill you in a second, I thought you were supposed to be all powerful! 7.5/10

Storyline: Seems promising, but all is lost because the game is too hard. 10/10

Overall: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment